WWE Monday Night RAW
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Date: June 9, 2014
Commentators: Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, and JBL
Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show opens up with Josh Mathews, Booker T, Alex Riley and special guest Kofi Kingston. The panel hypes breaking news on Daniel Bryan and the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Also, Seth Rollins will address the WWE Universe. We get a look back at Rollins turning on Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns last week. The panel talks about Rollins while we see Titus O’Neil in the ring for a Superstars match.
– We go to Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips as Dolph Ziggler is going at it with Titus for Superstars. We go back to the panel for more talk on the WWE World Heavyweight Title announcement that will open RAW. We get a look back at Stephanie McMahon‘s announcement from last week. We see 3MB make their way out for Superstars. Adam Rose and the Rosebuds are out next as the panel talks about Bryan’s injury. Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam and Sheamus vs. Bad News Barrett in Money In the Bank qualifiers are announced for tonight’s show. RVD is backstage with Renee Young now. RVD says it’s going to be sweet when he beats Cesaro tonight and goes on to Money In the Bank where fans will chant for him.
– More talk from the panel. We go to commercials and come back to more hype on Rollins breaking his silence tonight. Riley predicts Cesaro will qualify tonight. We see JBL, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler making their way out. Kofi also predicts Cesaro over RVD. Riley also picks Sheamus as does Kofi. That’s it for the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon making their way out as Cole welcomes us to RAW from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Fans chant “you suck” as Stephanie talks about making blockbuster announcements. She says tonight, we finally have resolve with the WWE World Heavyweight Title. We see a video from Dr. Joseph Maroon. He says Bryan competing now would be detrimental to his health. Maroon says Bryan will be re-evaluated in the coming week. We come back and Stephanie is so upset about Bryan not being able to compete at Money In the Bank. She says you can’t expect an A+ recovery from a B+ player. Triple H says what’s best for business is having a champion that can actually defend, something our beloved Bryan clearly can’t do at Money In the Bank. Stephanie officially strips Bryan of the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Stephanie says Bryan wouldn’t return her assistant’s phone calls earlier. Stephanie says it turns out the ungrateful Brie Bella quit for no reason. Stephanie says the show must go on for everyone else and hypes the WWE World Heavyweight Title Ladder Match at Money In the Bank. We see the titles hanging above the ring. Triple H announces Randy Orton for the match. Alberto Del Rio has already qualified. HHH guarantees a new champion at the pay-per-view. He says it turns out they were right about Bryan the whole time – Bryan is not WWE World Heavyweight Champion material. HHH mentions Bryan isn’t here tonight.
Triple H shows us a video of Seth Rollins turning last week. He says he believes in Rollins. He says what’s left of The Shield will end tonight. He announces Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. Triple H says it might be hard for them to find a partner so this will end up more like a handicap match. He says Rollins adapted and tonight, The Shield will perish.
Money In the Bank Qualifying Match: Bad News Barrett vs. Sheamus
Back from the break, we go to the ring and out comes WWE United States Champion. Out next is WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett. Barrett cuts a promo on the way to the ring and has some bad news for Sheamus. The bell rings and they go at it. The crowd seems to be split. Sheamus with a clothesline. Sheamus starts dropping knees. Barrett fights back up and takes Sheamus to the corner. Barrett turns it around now. Barrett blocks the forearms on the apron and sends Sheamus to the floor. Barrett leaps off the steel steps and takes Sheamus down on the floor. They come back in and Sheamus nails a clothesline. Sheamus tosses Barrett back to the apron and hits the forearms now. Sheamus suplexes Barrett back in for a 2 count. Sheamus misses a knee drop off the second rope. Barrett comes back but Sheamus leaps and they both tumble over the top rope. Back to commercial. Back from the break and Barrett drops Sheamus for a 2 count. Barrett comes off the ropes but lands on Sheamus’ knees. Sheamus makes a comeback now. Sheamus runs into a big knee but catches Barrett with the Irish Curse for a 2 count. More brawling in the corner. Sheamus comes off the top but land son his feet. Barrett nails Winds of Change for 2. Barrett goes for Wasteland but Sheamus fights out. Barrett ducks a Brogue Kick but Sheamus powerslams him for a close 2 count. We see the titles hanging above the ring. Barrett ducks a Brogue and goes to the apron but Sheamus kicks him to the floor. Sheamus comes flying off the top but Barrett moves and he hits the fan barrier. Barrett comes back in and the referee counts. Sheamus makes it back in at 9. Barrett nails Wasteland for a close 2 count. Sheamus blocks a Bullhammer and nails White Noise for a 2 count. They trade shots now. Barrett blocks a battering ram with a headbutt. Barrett with big kicks to the face now. Barrett rams Sheamus into the ring post twice. Barrett beats Sheamus down in the corner now. Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick out of nowhere for the win.
– The Wyatt Family graphic flashes and on the big screen we see Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. Harper cuts a promo and Bray Wyatt appears. Bray talks about urges and controlling them. He talks about The Shield falling victim to the faults of man. Tonight, they will burn. Bray says he is no man, he is reborn. Rowan tells us to follow the buzzards and we go to commercial.
– We come back and out comes Lana to the stage. She rips on President Obama and calls him a girly man and a sissy. She shows us the video that came out last week of Obama trying to work out at a gym while overseas. She then praises Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Zack Ryder vs. Rusev
Ryder waits in the ring as Rusev makes his way out. The bell rings and Rusev attacks with headbutts. Rusev beats Ryder down. Lana tells Rusev to crush and he stomps on Ryder’s back before applying the Accolade for the win.
– After the match, Lana comes in the ring to put Rusev’s medal on him. A large Russian flag drops down over the ring as they pose some more.
– Still to come, Rollins will break his silence. Back to commercial.
Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Goldust and R-Truth
We come back and Ryback waits in the ring with Curtis Axel. Goldust is out next with R-Truth, the latest partner picked by Cody Rhodes. We see Cody backstage watching. Axel starts off with Truth and nails a big dropkick. Axel talks trash and tags in Ryback for a double suplex. Ryback covers for a 2 count. Truth stops another double team and tags in Goldust. Goldust unloads on Axel and hits the inverted atomic drop. Goldust with a kick to the face and a big powerslam. Ryback runs in and Goldust fights him off. Goldust nails a crossbody on Ryback and Axel. Goldust with a close 2 count as Ryback breaks it. Ryback sends Truth to the floor. Goldust hits a spinebuster on Ryback. Axel rolls Goldust up for the win.
Winners: Ryback and Curtis Axel
– After the match, we see Cody getting frustrated backstage while Goldust does the same in the ring.
– Layla is backstage getting her make-up done, ripping the people of Minnesota and Summer Rae. Summer appears from behind and pours milk all over Layla’s head. Summer beats Layla around and onto a table, covering her in milk and make-up before walking off. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and 3MB is in the ring. Heath Slater says The Shield were supposed to be out here to talk but that’s not what 3MB does. The Shield music hits and out comes Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose through the crowd. 3MB attacks as Reigns and Ambrose hit the ring. They fight 3MB off and go to the floor. Reigns works on Jinder Mahal while Ambrose works on Drew McIntyre. Ambrose sends McIntyre over a fan barrier. Jinder goes flying into the barrier. Ambrose leaps over the timekeeper’s area onto Drew. We see Slater retreating up the ramp. Out of nowhere from the side comes Reigns with a big spear but the cameras missed it. Fans chant for Reigns as he heads back to the ring. Ambrose tries to calm himself down. He takes the mic. Ambrose says The Shield was untouchable and will go down in the history books as one of the greatest groups ever. He says they dominated WWE, even Evolution. Ambrose says they had a cancer inside of them and little did they know, that cancer was Seth Rollins.
Ambrose rips on Rollins, calling him sell out and a suck up. Ambrose talks about re-arranging Rollins’ face. Ambrose says Rollins is scum and they’re looking forward to hearing what he has to say tonight. We see Rollins backstage watching. Ambrose says they’re going to listen to every word he has to say and then beat the hell out of him. Reigns takes the mic next. He says Seth committed the most unforgivable sin. Reigns just shakes his head. He says Rollins is the scum of the earth. Reigns says there’s three things you don’t do in life – piss in the wind, tug on Superman’s cape and stab your brothers in the back. Reigns starts ripping on Randy Orton and Triple H. He says when he gets his hands on Orton, Orton will be the ass of the company, not the face. Reigns says when he’s done with Orton, he’s coming for Triple H and they will have their own game of thrones, believe that. Reigns drops the mic and The Shield’s music hits to a pop. We see Rollins backstage watching again as we go to replays of the 3MB beatdown.
– Still to come, Rollins will break his silence to Michael Cole. Also, The Wyatts vs. Reigns and Ambrose with a mystery partner. Back to commercial.
WWE tag team champions The Usos vs. Fandango and Damien Sandow in a non-title match
Back from the break and out come WWE tag team champions The Usos for a non-title match. Fandango is out next with Layla and she’s a mess still. Damien Sandow is out next wearing a full-body suit, dancing and twirling around. This is his new dancer gimmick. Fandango starts out with one of the Usos. They keep control, sending Fandango to tag in Sandow.
Sandow comes in and prances around before taking Uso down with a headlock. Fans actually start chanting for Sandow. Layla refuses to watch. More dancing and comedy from Sandow. Uso nails a big kick to the face. Fandango runs in but gets tossed to the apron and then kicked to the floor. The other Uso tags in and hits the Superfly Splash for the easy win.
Winners: The Usos
– After the match, Layla comes over to check on Fandango but she’s not happy. The Usos look on and laugh as we go to replays.
– Still to come, Rollins will speak. Back to commercial.
Xavier Woods vs. Bo Dallas
Back from the break and Xavier Woods waits in the ring as Bo Dallas makes his way out. Bo cuts a promo before the match and says he knows Daniel Bryan is watching at home with a lot of anger inside. Bo says there’s only one way Bryan can come back better than ever – all he has to do is Bo-lieve.
They lock up and trade holds. Back and forth action to start. Bo ends up hitting the running Bo-dog out of the corner for the easy win.
Winner: Bo Dallas
– Still to come, Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman is in the ring. He reminds us that Brock Lesnar ended The Undertaker’s Streak. Heyman gets a pop for Lesnar since he’s from Minnesota. Heyman teases that he’s going to bring out Lesnar for his WrestleMania victory party but brings out Cesaro instead.
Money In the Bank Qualifying Match: Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam
Cesaro makes his way to the ring to a pop. Rob Van Dam is out next to another pop. RVD takes Cesaro down with a heel kick first. RVD nails a dropkick for a 1 count. Cesaro catches RVD in mid-air and slams him over his knee for a 2 count. RVD turns it around and beats Cesaro into the corner. Cesaro runs into a boot. RVD goes to the top and nails a thrust kick, sending Cesaro to the floor for a breather. RVD runs the ropes and leaps out, taking Cesaro down on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro takes RVD down with a headlock. More back and forth in the corner. Cesaro catches RVD with a big overhead throw. They go to the floor and Cesaro sends RVD into the barrier. He brings it back in and nails a stomp for a 2 count. Cesaro with a headlock on the mat now. RVD turns it around and makes a comeback. Cesaro charges and misses in the corner. RVD with a kick to the face and a split legged moonsault for a close 2 count. RVD ends up running into a big uppercut for a 2 count. Cesaro with forearms. Cesaro hits a big gutwrench powerbomb for 2. RVD turns it back around and nails Rolling Thunder for 2. The end comes when Cesaro hits the Neutralizer for the win and the spot at Money In the Bank.
– The announcers hype Money In the Bank. We get a look back at Triple H and Roman Reigns’ segments from earlier tonight. Rollins will speak after the commercial.
– We come back and Michael Cole is in the ring. Seth Rollins comes out next with a new theme song. He’s wearing a black suit. Fans chant “you sold out” and boo him. Rollins cuts Cole off and doesn’t see what the big deal is. He says all he did was do what’s best for business, best for his business. Rollins said he created The Shield and had every right to destroy it. He says Ambrose is a lunatic. He says Reigns is worthless. We see Reigns and Ambrose watching backstage. He says they’re both nothing without him and owe him everything. Rollins goes on and says it took guts to do what he did last week. Rollins says to him, they weren’t his brothers, they were just business partners and he severed a business partnership. Rollins said he always came out and said “believe in The Shield” but what he really meant was “believe in Seth Rollins.” Rollins tosses his chair to the floor and calls Ambrose and Reigns out to a fight. Ambrose and Reigns approach the ring but right before they enter, The Wyatt Family graphic flashes and the lights go out. They come back on and it’s Erick Rowan and Luke Harper in the ring. They start brawling with Ambrose and Reigns. Rollins ends up running away. Bray Wyatt appears and joins in on the beatdown of Reigns and Ambrose. John Cena‘s music hits to a big pop. He comes out and helps Ambrose and Reigns clear the ring of The Wyatt Family. Both teams face off as we go to commercial.
– We come back and it’s confirmed that Cena will team with Reigns and Ambrose later tonight.
WWE Divas champion Paige vs. Alicia Fox in a non-title match
WWE Divas champion Paige makes her way to the ring for a non-title match. Alicia Fox is out next with Aksana. They lock up and go at it. They go to the floor. Askana tries to get involved but Alicia accidentally runs into her. Paige slaps Aksana and they come back in. Alicia sends her back to the floor and brings her back in. Lots of back and forth in this match. Fox slams Paige on her head. Aksana taunts Paige. Paige sends Alicia head first into Aksana. Paige gets the win with the PTO.
– After the match, Aksana goes in the ring and tries to help Fox recover. Alicia gets up and starts laughing. She slaps Aksana to the mat. Alicia mounts Aksana and goes crazy on her. Fox takes two bottled waters and some popcorn from a fan at ringside. She tosses some popcorn at the crew and comes back in the ring to pour the water and popcorn on Aksana. She spits some popcorn out on Aksana and goes crazy on her some more. Alicia makes Aksana eat some popcorn. Fox kisses, hugs and smiles with Aksana before shoving more popcorn down her throat.
– Still to come, Cena, Reigns and Ambrose vs. The Wyatts. Back to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella
We come back and Zeb Colter is in the ring with Jack Swagger. Zeb has a sign about deporting Santino Marella. Santino is out next by himself. Santino controls the match and sends Swagger out to the floor. Zeb tries to talk to Swagger but he brushes him off. Zeb slaps Swagger a few times and sends him back in. Swagger unloads on Santino but runs into the ring post. Swagger blocks the Cobra and nails a gutwrench powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– Still to come, our six-man main event. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Goldust is sitting in the back. Cody says he’s figured out the perfect partner for Goldust and it’s someone he’s never seen before. Cody says it’s someone that will magnify the magnificence that is Goldust and he will be here next week.
– We get a look back at Stephanie stripping Bryan of his title earlier tonight. We see Stephanie and Triple H backstage talking. Stephanie brings up Cena interrupting her last night and getting involved with The Shield this week. Triple H says it doesn’t matter because tonight is the last we’ll see of The Shield. Vickie Guerrero comes in with a bottle of champagne. She wants to celebrate Brad Maddox and Daniel Bryan being gone but she sneezes on them. Stephanie slaps the champagne and threatens to fire her again. Stephanie tells Vickie to get out.
John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper in a 6-man tag team match
We go to the ring and out comes Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose through the crowd. We go to commercial. Back from the break and out comes John Cena. The Wyatt Family are out next. We get dueling chant for Cena as the match begins. A big brawl starts things out. It’s Rowan and Ambrose starting off in the ring. Ambrose counters Rowan and works him over. Harper gets involved and Ambrose launches himself to the floor onto Harper. He comes back in and takes Rowan down. Reigns tags in and keeps up the attack on Rowan, mounting him in the corner with right hands. Ambrose comes back in but they turn it around with Harper after a big boot. Bray comes back in and keeps Ambrose down, taunting him. Rowan comes back in and they keep Ambrose down in their corner. Ambrose sends Rowan into the steel steps. Bray comes back in and beats Ambrose down in the corner again. Another tag to Harper for some double teaming. Harper keeps Ambrose down as the dueling chants for Cena start back up. Harper drops Ambrose with a forearm to the face for a 2 count. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose tries to make a comeback but Wyatt dumps him for a 2 count that Reigns breaks up. Harper comes in and goes at it with Reigns before taking back control of Ambrose. More dueling chants for Cena. Ambrose finally knocks Harper down. Cena tags in with Rowan. Cena unloads and hits the shoulder tackles followed by the usual slam. Cena drops the Five Knuckle Shuffle and sends Harper to the floor. The same for Wyatt. Cena turns around and Rowan runs over him. Rowan beats Cena down in the corner now.
Cena ends up dropkicking Wyatt. Wyatt works him over and drags him to the corner. Harper tags back in and keeps control of Cena. Harper turns Cena upside down in the corner and continues the assault. The Wyatts continue to dominate Cena and keep him down. Cena knocks Bray off the apron but Rowan hits a big fall-away slam. Wyatt comes back in and throws Cena across the ring for a 2 count. Wyatt turns upside down in the corner before missing the big splash on Cena as he rolled out of the way. Reigns finally tags in and unloads on The Wyatts. Harper comes in. Reigns nails a big clothesline and a splash in the corner on him. Reigns drops him with a right. Rowan comes in but Ambrose takes care of him. Reigns decks Bray on the floor and run around for the apron dropkick to Harper. Reigns keeps running and hits the same move on Rowan. Ambrose goes down on the floor at the hands of Rowan. Reigns slams Harper in the ring for a 2 count as Rowan made the save. Rowan beats Reigns down now. Cena nails a crossbody from the top on Rowan. Rowan blocks an Attitude Adjustment and shoves Cena into Bray’s Sister Abigail. Reigns nails a Superman punch on Bray. Reigns tosses Rowan to the floor. Ambrose runs the ropes and leaps out onto them. Harper drops Reigns with a superkick for a close 2 count.
Harper turns around to a big spear from Reigns for the win.
Winners: John Cena, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns
– After the match, we see Seth Rollins and Triple H watching backstage. Cena nods in approval at Reigns and Ambrose before they all pose together. RAW goes off the air with Reigns, Ambrose and Cena celebrating their victory.
– The RAW Backstage Pass post-show opens up with Reigns and Ambrose finishing their celebration as The Shield’s music hits. They slap hands with fans at ringside. Ambrose flips the steps and tosses a chair into the ring. Booker predicts The Shield will be fine with a guy like Reigns leading the way. Riley wonders if they can exist with just two and says they need to find a third person. Kofi says it felt weird not having Rollins there, like something wasn’t right with The Shield. Renee Young is backstage with Reigns and Ambrose. Reigns says this is going to be a long drawn out ordeal because they want Rollins to suffer. He says they’re going to carve his black heart out. Ambrose says Rollins is sweating and checking his back. Reigns says Triple H can take his rules and shove them up his ass, believe that. We go back to the panel.
– More replays of stuff that happened on RAW. The panel talks about Money In the Bank now. Kofi hopes to get a spot. That’s it for the post-show, nothing much as usual.